It’s been just over 1.5 terms here in college, and I have to say I’ve learned a thing or two about how to survive dorm and college living. And I’m feeling lighthearted today, so let’s have a little fun!
1) Do not shave in the dark.
2) Waiting until others can smell you coming before you shower is not an excellent plan on your part.
3) Naproxen and Iburprofen are NOT the same.
4) FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY…please flush the toilet. In these isles of fun and sun, we ALWAYS flush for number 1. (and 2, please)
5) Stay proactive. It’s really cool that the due date for that paper is almost a month away…little do you realize the professor expects in to take that long.
6) Everyone understands that you are, in fact, a male; hence why are a living on a male floor. BUT…nobody cares about your “personal habits,” so keep girlfriends (real or imaginary) and their visit times to a minimum, especially if your roommate is in the bunk above you…
7) Listen for when the floor is going to eat. Don’t ignore the call and then get mad we didn’t wait for you. It’s feeding time; you should be lucky we called out at all.
8) Sufficient diets do not often consist of only Coca Cola, frosted flakes, and cigars.
9) Be nice to others, and the will be nice to you. Put a garbage can in his bed, and he will do the same to you.
10) Campus Safety frowns upon finding you’ve bike locked a wheelchair to a fire door.
and the list continues…
Just remember, you get out of living at school what you put in to living at school. The Golden Rule is the key to your happiness here.
Oh yeah…PUT SOME CLOTHES ON.