Here’s the homily I preached on November 11, 2017 at St. John Vianney College Seminary in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Who Do You Think You Are, Anyway?
- The Only Thing Youâ€™re Entitled To Here is Good Formation
- Acts 4:34-45. Lay Everything You Have at the Feet of the Church by participating fully in your formation.
- Colossians 3:3 â€“ â€œYou have died, and your life is hidden now with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, you too will appear with him in glory.â€ This place is about the death of you!
- You must die! Why? Because it isnâ€™t about you anymore!
- The PEOPLE OF GOD want and need free priests!
- What is at stake in the seminary? Your freedom! And, thus, the freedom of your people and, therefore, the health of the Church.
- You are a son of God, a beloved son. You are good. You are full of grace and truth. So what is stifling your freedom? What is preventing your growth in holiness?
- Relationships are worth it. Engage in them.
- Your desire for holiness and freedom is only a desire for you because it has been a desire for you in the heart of the Father from the very beginning.
Bonus: You are companions, not judges.
Come, Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit, we really mean it: come.
Holy Spirit, have your way with us.