Here’s the homily I preached on November 11, 2017 at St. John Vianney College Seminary in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Who Do You Think You Are, Anyway?
- The Only Thing You’re Entitled To Here is Good Formation
- Acts 4:34-45. Lay Everything You Have at the Feet of the Church by participating fully in your formation.
- Colossians 3:3 – “You have died, and your life is hidden now with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, you too will appear with him in glory.” This place is about the death of you!
- You must die! Why? Because it isn’t about you anymore!
- The PEOPLE OF GOD want and need free priests!
- What is at stake in the seminary? Your freedom! And, thus, the freedom of your people and, therefore, the health of the Church.
- You are a son of God, a beloved son. You are good. You are full of grace and truth. So what is stifling your freedom? What is preventing your growth in holiness?
- Relationships are worth it. Engage in them.
- Your desire for holiness and freedom is only a desire for you because it has been a desire for you in the heart of the Father from the very beginning.
Bonus: You are companions, not judges.
Come, Holy Spirit.
Holy Spirit, we really mean it: come.
Holy Spirit, have your way with us.